- STICKY POST
- I'm done, close this
Check out our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide, win some awesome gadgets!
Our 2013 Holiday Gift Guide is in full swing - we are adding our recommendations daily, aimed at men, women, teens, families, techies, and more. If you need help figuring out what to get the people in your life, head on over to our Guide for some ideas. We’ll even be giving away some of the items featured this year!
Friday July 30, 2010 10:05 am
OmniFocus for iPad finally released, worth the wait
The good folks over at The Omni Group make what many consider to be the definitive GTD and task management app out there in OmniFocus. We use it with great regularity on the Mac desktop, and snapped it up immediately as soon as OmniFocus for iPhone was released. When the iPad launched, the one app that we knew we wanted was a native OmniFocus client. The Omni Group said they’d release it when it was done, opting to go feature complete rather than releasing a bare bones version and updating it incrementally with new features. Well, today OmniFocus for iPad launched, and we’ve gotta say, it’s impressive.
Like OmniFocus on iPhone, the app is location-aware, meaning that you can have it tell you what tasks on your list can be completed nearby, wherever you are. New to the app are a new streamlined task review mode, a Map feature, task forcasting, and more. Here’s the main feature list:
- Quick Entry for fast, easy task capture
- Task inbox where items can be stored for future processing
- Detailed task options like start and due dates, repeating schedules, and audio note and photo attachments
- Organize tasks into projects and folders, with as much hierarchy as is needed
- Categorize and view tasks by contexts, or work modes (ie, “Phone” for all phone call-related to-dos)
- Subtasks, for breaking large tasks into manageable steps
- Built-in search for locating any task in your database
- Cloud sync: synchronize with OmniFocus for Mac and OmniFocus for iPhone
- Location-based contexts: the Map makes it easy to generate and view tasks based on current or assigned locations
- Forecasts: see a weekly or daily view of all due tasks
- Built-in reviewing that helps you stay current on all your projects
The app sells for $39.99, so it definitely isn’t an impulse buy. However, if you are looking for an app that will keep you on top of everything in your work and home life, and sync between iPad, iPhone, and Mac desktop, we can’t recommend OmniFocus enough. It’s available now in the App Store.
Read More | OmniFocus for iPad
- Related Tags:
- getting things done, gtd, ipad apps, omni group, omnifocus, omnifocus ipad, omnifocus iphone, task management. productivity, tasks, the omni group, to do lists
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.